cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Durable Waterproof boot to walk dog in all conditions.

I am looking for a waterproof walking boot that will last more than one season.  I purchased the Timberland Mt. Maddsen Lite Mid Hiking Boots in 2019. The heel is worn through and during the last walk in the rain my feet started getting wet. My dog and I walk around 5 miles a day on mostly concrete and asphalt but we also go on trails and grass.  We walk in all types of weather; torrential rain, blizzards, freezing rain, and snow (my dog is a chocolate lab and she loves walking).  I am willing to spend if the boot will last more than a couple of years.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@RichardBuddLake Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry to hear that your previous boots have worn out. Although you are putting on a good amount of miles on them, sometimes if a boot wears out too quickly that can be a sign of poor fit. We would recommend signing up for a virtual outfitting appointment with one of our footwear experts. They can talk to you in more depth about your feet (wide, narrow, high volume, etc), needs (bunyons, morton's toe, significant difference in size, etc), and any issues (including your boots wearing out) you may be experiencing. They can then make a recommendation based on that information.

In the meantime, if you'd like to take a look at a couple of styles of boots that are known for their durability and may fit your needs, here a couple of options:

Also, feel free to post some pictures of your pup in this thread!

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
1 Reply

@RichardBuddLake Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry to hear that your previous boots have worn out. Although you are putting on a good amount of miles on them, sometimes if a boot wears out too quickly that can be a sign of poor fit. We would recommend signing up for a virtual outfitting appointment with one of our footwear experts. They can talk to you in more depth about your feet (wide, narrow, high volume, etc), needs (bunyons, morton's toe, significant difference in size, etc), and any issues (including your boots wearing out) you may be experiencing. They can then make a recommendation based on that information.

In the meantime, if you'd like to take a look at a couple of styles of boots that are known for their durability and may fit your needs, here a couple of options:

Also, feel free to post some pictures of your pup in this thread!

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes