cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Daypack that accommodates 2.5 liter bladder

I'm looking for reasonably priced daypack that will accommodate a 2.5 liter bladder which I already have.  Any recommendations for a male?

0 Likes
5 Replies

what is your reasonable price?  For what it is worth, my Rei Traverse 35 accommodates a 3 liter bladder quite easily and carries very comfortably.  There are several others, as well, generally costing $100+.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Hi @wlogue 

I have the Gregory Zulu 30 and it's the best day pack I've ever owned. It will support a 3L bladder. 

One note, I know you said "reasonably priced" and that's a different amount for each person but one thing I would strongly suggest - 3L of water weighs just over 6½ pounds. If you plan on carrying a full bladder, don't go too cheap on the pack. Day packs are smaller to begin with and the lower-end packs just don't distribute weight as well as higher-end packs. This is definitely a time when I would say to buy the best you can afford. 

Otherwise you'll find yourself hating that reasonably priced pack because it just hurts your shoulders too much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

@wlogue 

Thanks for reaching out!

Generally speaking, a daypack that is 25 liters in volume or above will hold a 2.5 liter water bladder. You've gotten some good advice in this thread already but we wanted to offer a couple of options that will fit your hydration bladder. 

In the 25-30 liter range:

In the 30-40 liter range:

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thank s everyone for your info.  Decisions to make.

0 Likes

Thank you everyone for the info.

0 Likes