cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

Daypack that accommodates 2.5 liter bladder

I'm looking for reasonably priced daypack that will accommodate a 2.5 liter bladder which I already have.  Any recommendations for a male?

0 Likes
5 Replies

what is your reasonable price?  For what it is worth, my Rei Traverse 35 accommodates a 3 liter bladder quite easily and carries very comfortably.  There are several others, as well, generally costing $100+.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Hi @wlogue 

I have the Gregory Zulu 30 and it's the best day pack I've ever owned. It will support a 3L bladder. 

One note, I know you said "reasonably priced" and that's a different amount for each person but one thing I would strongly suggest - 3L of water weighs just over 6½ pounds. If you plan on carrying a full bladder, don't go too cheap on the pack. Day packs are smaller to begin with and the lower-end packs just don't distribute weight as well as higher-end packs. This is definitely a time when I would say to buy the best you can afford. 

Otherwise you'll find yourself hating that reasonably priced pack because it just hurts your shoulders too much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

@wlogue 

Thanks for reaching out!

Generally speaking, a daypack that is 25 liters in volume or above will hold a 2.5 liter water bladder. You've gotten some good advice in this thread already but we wanted to offer a couple of options that will fit your hydration bladder. 

In the 25-30 liter range:

In the 30-40 liter range:

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thank s everyone for your info.  Decisions to make.

0 Likes

Thank you everyone for the info.

0 Likes