cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Darn Tough Socks with cushion. Which are your favorite?

Which DARN TOUGH SOCKS with Cushion, are liked the best ?

I like style 1466, Men’s Hiker Micro Crew Midweight Hiking Socks with cushion & style 1903, Women’s Hiker Micro Crew Midweight Hiking Socks with cushion.  Socks with cushion and also have a lifetime guarantee are awesome!!! 

0 Likes
6 Replies

Hi @gi88 - It's great to hear you like your Darn Tough socks!

We wanted to share this conversation, Recommendations for Hiking Clothing, because a lot of different folks shared their preferences of Darn Tough socks in the thread. It may have the sort of reviews you are looking for!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Hi @gi88 .  I love Darn Tough socks in general, and just recently took the opportunity to try out their lifetime warranty.  It was quick, easy and painless.

I cannot, however, say that I have a favorite style.  It depends on what I am doing, and where and when.  I have heavy expedition weight for winter.  I have thinner ankle height for summer hiking.  I have no-show runner-type socks for summer biking.  In fact, I think I may have at least one pair of nearly every style sock they have.  I even got a variety of different Darn Tough socks as stocking-stuffers for my entire family,

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

I enjoy the Darn tough sock brand but as for a favorite I haven't tried enough of the style to say one way or another. I enjoy their feel especially after a long days hike with or without a 30# pack on. I have yet to get a blister with these socks but I have admit I also enjoy wearing a liner sock with them also. 

I use the DT lightweight cushion sock, quarter-calf length, for most hiking; and their boot-length midweight cushion socks for cold weather hiking.  I pair all of it with Injinji liner socks.  Works well for me.

Love these socks (for backpacking in trail runners). 

they do seem to shrink up just a tad. I bought a a size up, but it’s being cantankerous and not shrinking lol!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

I normally wear a 9.5 shoe but I found with darn tough socks I have to go from medium to large to have a comfortable sock. The medium as it does fit my feet it is just a bit tight on the toes so I go up .5 shoe size.