cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Boot Fit Issues - recommendations for narrow fit with high ankle support?

For un upcoming trek to Kilimanjaro I purchased the Vasque Breeze hiking boots in an women's 8.5 and they almost fit perfectly, but my toes grazed the front so I ordered a half size up and they're too wide, my toe still hits the front because my heel doesn't fit into the huge heel cup. This is a problem I had with my Ahnus and other shoes. I have the La Sportiva Pyramids (39.5), but they're too low on the ankle and too small to wear with hiking socks. I need a narrow boot with a higher ankle (I've had surgery on both ankles) that fits. I plan on going in to the store, but I want to go in with an idea of what to try on. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hello!

I have an awesome suggestion for you: the Lowa Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot. It actually comes in regular, wide, and narrow, so if you are in your local REI you can ask to try on the narrow and that should fit your foot perfectly. These are sturdy boots meant for backpacking, so should fit your need for stability.

A second option are the Salomon 4d GTX mid hiking boots. Salomon's regular width skews a little more narrow than many other boots. It has a nice, high ankle as well and the traction with the Contagrip geometry is superb.

Please let us know if any of those worked for you and enjoy your trip!

Peace,

Wendell

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes