cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Availability and recommendations for the Garmin Montana 700i & 750i.

Is REI going to sell the Garmin Montana 700i and/or 750i?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
14 Replies

@Dan21 

Hey Dan!

Thanks for reaching out! It does look like we have an order in for the Garmin Montana 700i GPS and 2-way Satellite Communicator. It looks like we are hoping to get them in early September, however, shipping timelines are highly variable right now. Your best bet is to keep your eyes on our website, as it will be updated as soon as they are available to purchase.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks. I’ve also been wanting to know this and this webpage actually popped up on Google this morning during my daily search for the answer.

I have a sizable REI dividend burning a hole in my virtual pocket and while I could request a check and get immediate gratification elsewhere, I’d rather it and the balance due go to REI. So I’m looking forward to seeing it stock soon.

Well that’s odd. On August 26, the 700i is listed for sale. I immediately order one to ship to nearest store, get a confirmation email and then a confirmation that it was shipped to the store to arrive next week. 

Only a couple days later I’m perusing the REI website and it says it is “no longer available.”

Whats going on? Is REI going to sell it or not and I’m starting to wonder if I’m going to get mine.

0 Likes

@exurban Thanks for reaching out!

We apologize for the confusion about your order! If you got a shipment confirmation then your order should be en route. Likely what happened is that our stock was limited to begin with and, after we fulfilled your order, we sold out of these units. We do not have access to any order information in the community, if you'd like to check on your order you can call our sales and customer service team at 1-800-426-4840.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

Will REI have the 750i (camera version)?  I'd love to have just one piece of electronics when hiking in the wilds; a camera along with GPS/satellite communications would make that possible.

0 Likes

@BahrainKayaker Thanks for the question!

It does not look like REI has plans to carry the Garmin Montana 750i with a camera. At this time the 700i is the only Montana model we carry, and we are currently sold out. Unfortunately, we do not have an update on when we will get more of this item back in stock.

0 Likes

Many Thanks for the speedy reply!  I hope REI can reconsider carrying the 750i so appreciate your helping that decision, if you have any input into that.

AFAICT, the 750i is the only item on the market with GPS/Satellite messaging/camera.  Any other solution requires carrying 2 pieces of electronics if you want those capabilities when out in the boonies.

I'm sure I'll get one before my next expedition; prefer to get it from REI if possible.

0 Likes

I too was hoping REI would carry the 750i.

I'll give them a chance to change their mind (and for the inevitable new-device issues to be dealt with by Garmin), but eventually I guess I'll buy it somewhere else.

I picked up my 700i curbside at my local REI a couple days ago without a hitch. Setting up and updating with Garmin was a little slow due to Garmin’s servers but otherwise no issues. Swapping with my old Delorme inReach account, pairing, syncing, etc. was no drama.

I haven’t had a chance to use it extensively enough to review but so far, I’m impressed. I really like having navigable maps (and eventually nautical charts) for different activities along with inReach on the same device. 

At some point though I think I need a Venn Diagram to figure out all of Garmin’s apps and websites with different units: Drive, Explore, Express, Connect, ConnectIQ, Earthmate...