cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Are there socks that are woven in such a way to eliminate the need for a liner sock?

Socks--REI in-store employee said don't use liner socks anymore, that special weave obviates need

0 Likes
10 Replies

@Tron Another thing to think about related to blisters is something I learned in my Wilderness Medicine (Wilderness First Responder) Training by NOLS. Blisters only form when two things are present at the same time - movement (i.e. friction) and moisture. If you can find a boot that fits your feet snugly (toes at the end of the boot - not scrunched up, but flat up against the end of it; lack of heel slippage; lack of extra space in the side of the boot; ability to tighten laces to prevent foot movement), you can eliminate the movement portion of the equation. Even if your feet are extremely wet/sweaty, you will be able to prevent blisters. I can't tell you the number of times I have walked with wet feet (particularly due to stream crossings and my laziness haha) but have not received a single blister, no matter how many miles I walked. Just a tip for blister prevention, as it's always better to prevent than it is to treat! 

www.brynsharpphotography.com

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.