cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

American Discovery Trail

Does anyone know if its possible to hike the Delaware and Maryland portions of the American Discovery Trail and stay in lodging every night?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Probably one of the least well know "official" trails that no one actually hikes.  I would start here...

https://discoverytrail.org/

If they don't know, no one does.

0 Likes

How did I not know about this?  You're right @OldGuyot about it being little-known.

Just did a quick scan of the site and based upon the general route, it would appear that one would have lodging options available most, if not all nights.  It's about 1-1/2 - 2 hours drive south of me, so I'm not super familiar with the areas it encompasses.  @KathyIngle are you familiar at all with Maryland's Eastern Shore?  Or Annapolis?

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

@Rob6 

@KathyIngle responded to your post via email, we are posting on their behalf:

'sorry but not at all familiar with anything east of Texas!'

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

The Northern route through Illinois runs about 20 minutes from where I live.

@Rob6 - I am asking myself the same question. Guess I know what trail I'll be hitting sections of soon enough

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

0 Likes

Thanks @REI-JohnJ !

@KathyIngle , I'll do a little more research on the specifics of the Maryland and Delaware sections for you and post once I have some better info.

0 Likes