cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Alternatives to Vasque Breeze AT Low GTX Hiking Shoes - Men's

Hi Folks,

Just got a pair of Breeze AT Low GTX Hiking Shoes, size 12.  The toe box is too narrow.

I like the firm sole but my bunions will suffer if I wear these with socks!

My question of you all:  what are alternatives with wider toe boxes?

Thanks,

Karl

0 Likes
3 Replies

Looking thru the REI inventory, it looks like only the Lowa Renegade GTX Lo shoes may fit the bill.  Does anyone have experience with these.  The reviews are a bit spotty and the price point is high!

0 Likes

Karl-Otto,

I have always had wide feet, and after breaking several toes two years ago, they became even wider. I had been wearing Keens, but they were even too narrow. I move up to the Lowa Renegade GTX boot (not Lo), and I love them. Pricey yes, but my feet have never been happier.  

0 Likes

Thanks JBG.  Per someone else's suggestion I tried the Merrell Moab 2 waterproof low cut hiking shoe.....and love them!  Like you, broken toes have caused friction between the toes and pushed everything around.  But the Merrell's are wide enough to be comfortable.  I got 12 W's by the way.   Thought you may want to know for future purchases.  ATB, Karl