cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Where to store binoculars

Because I use mine in multiple locations (at home and outdoors) , where is a logical place to store them?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @Ham1960 - Thanks for reaching out!

We are hopeful some others in the community who have talked about binoculars will be able to share their advice with you. 

@Joe@paulhenry3443@Kato1953@kugelmass@djclark - where do y'all store your binoculars?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

FBAAC637-6EDA-4983-B5AD-77870E2B2C82.jpeg

@Ham1960 - We store our binoculars in the great room, to watch wildlife in the Sonoran Desert. 

My binos are on the kitchen table and are used everyday. 🙂   We (my wife and I) are trying to track banded birds and we can see the front feeders from the kitchen.  We also have a backup pair in the car, in case the normal pair is accidentally left home or if someone needs to borrow a pair on a bird walk.   In the winter time, the birding scope goes into the trunk of the car, since over wintering waterfowl can be seen on local lakes.  

I did make the mistake once of leaving the binos near an AC unit at a hotel, and somehow the blowing air fogged the insides and they had to be sent back to the factory for fixing.   

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.