cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Trail Yenta

I’m an ambassador for an all women’s hiking group and in Dec 2018 when hiking with all single ladies (me being the only one married) they all learned I used to host singles mixer parties for fun and have set up 4 couples that got married. The ladies then convinced me I should start a hiking group where I set up single hikers together and that’s exactly what I did. I started the SoCal TrailMixer hiking group! Took my group to a bunch of hiking, backpacking/camping events throughout the year in 2019. Membership is 250 plus members and counting. It’s been a fun group and so far I’ve managed to set up 6 couples that are now dating..few more pending. Woo hoo!! Getting people together who have same love and interests for the outdoors has been awesome! 

1 Reply

Re: Trail Yenta

@HazelDelgado1 this is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this inspirational story!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes