cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Trail Yenta

I’m an ambassador for an all women’s hiking group and in Dec 2018 when hiking with all single ladies (me being the only one married) they all learned I used to host singles mixer parties for fun and have set up 4 couples that got married. The ladies then convinced me I should start a hiking group where I set up single hikers together and that’s exactly what I did. I started the SoCal TrailMixer hiking group! Took my group to a bunch of hiking, backpacking/camping events throughout the year in 2019. Membership is 250 plus members and counting. It’s been a fun group and so far I’ve managed to set up 6 couples that are now dating..few more pending. Woo hoo!! Getting people together who have same love and interests for the outdoors has been awesome! 

1 Reply

@HazelDelgado1 this is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this inspirational story!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes