cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Suggestions for a water bladder with no suction

Hello,

I was wondering if you there are any water bladders that do not require suction? My mom had a brain tumor and she's not able to use water bladders that require suction. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi @csmyth - Thanks for reaching out! 

We do not currently have any water reservoirs designed specifically for drinking without suction. One solution that might work for your mom is removing the bite valve on water reservoirs that have a separate on/off lever. An example of a water reservoir that has these features is the CamelBak Crux 3L Reservoir

With the bite-valve removed and the lever switch to on, water should flow freely through the tube when pressure is added by squeezing or through gravity with the reservoir's placement. 

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Can confirm it flows quite readily without the bite valve so this is a good suggestion, though unfortunately my own experience finding this out wasn't on purpose...

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Haha that's good to know, thank you!

0 Likes

Thank you I'll buy her that bladder then, thanks for your help!