cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

Show us the signs of spring near you!

It is currently 63 degrees and sunny here in Vermont and it looks like much of the country is also experiencing some proper spring weather. As a skier, I was hoping to hold onto winter a *little* bit longer this year (@Dmitry and @Diesseldorf, are you feeling the same?!), but all of the biking and climbing ahead also has me really excited. 

Open windows and baby goats are sure signs of the seasons changing near me, as well as ski runs melting into bike paths and the first bits of green popping up in the forests.

Whats telling you its spring where you are? Maybe the birds are starting to sing or wildflowers are showing up? 

spring2.jpg

spring-1.PNG

Share your photos or experiences with us below!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
13 Replies

I also miss the snow and always bummed when the resorts close each year.  I do enjoy the nicer weather to be out roller skiing, hiking, and camping, but I could without the bug spray and sunscreen.  The nights are still cold enough to hold the bugs at bay, but starting to use some sun protection.  All the lakes are in a half frozen state, which is great for chucking rocks/sticks at from the shore with the kids to see how much of it we can break.  Hours of entertainment.

IMG_4344.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

20210416_135922.jpg

Ironwood Forest National Monument

20210418_153847.jpg

Not easy to see, but early saguaro blooms, yesterday. 

Hi @REI-CarterC .  Spring has really sprung here in the Mid-Atlantic.  I've already mowed my lawn twice.  In my backyard, I've been seeing robins, and groundhogs who have emerged from their hibernation, but this has to be the most spring-like thing I've seen yet this season.  Just took these pics today while on a short hike.Bee flyingBee flyingBee landedBee landed

What is this “spring” you speak of? We’ve been getting snow just about every other day.

This is Mt. Princeton, 14,197’. 

@johnt - This just made me laugh, because it is so true! I'm in northern Vermont and we got 8" of snow a few days ago and are fixing to get more than a foot today and tomorrow. Skiing is back on the schedule. Wahoo!

My best friend lives off-the-grid near Leadville, not too far from Mt Princeton. She thought they might be able to get the truck up the mountain to their cabin soon, but from recent photos there's a lot more snowmobiling ahead!

If you're keen to share, it'd be great to hear if you're getting out for any nice ventures during your late spring blizzards!

From the Puget Sound!tulips.jpg

Orcas sunset.jpg

48E7AC95-D72B-4852-9E74-241B9F3FDFD0.jpeg

Portland 5/2/21 

0 Likes

PXL_20210424_183954022.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Shabbona Lake State Park (west of Chicago) one week ago.

Farther. Higher. Longer.
0 Likes