cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
REI is actively reviewing its policies and procedures per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new guidance for COVID-19.
As we have since the start of the pandemic, we’ll continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.

Seeking Sandal Advice

I’m in the market for some new outdoor sandals! Looking for something that has no Velcro (from my experience, the Velcro only lasts a couple of years and then I either have to stitch on new Velcro or just stitch the straps together- all sort of bleh options for me). Also, I would prefer something that fits a narrow foot or is more comfortable for a narrow foot, and has a thick or at least a better support on the sole (I don’t want a "barefoot feel"). I’ve tried Chacos which is the closest I’ve gotten to my above preferences, but unfortunately I can’t wear them for too long because the straps start to make my feet really ache, and I have previous scarring on my foot from the straps so I can only wear them with socks! With my new pair I want to hopefully be able to wear them with or without socks. Also, it would be nice if they could go in water. I know this sounds really picky, but you have any suggestions of where to start (besides Chaco) I’m all ears!! 

0 Likes
2 Replies

@EmmaWilliams oof, you are definitely looking for something really specific - we'll do our best!

Chacos were the first thing to come to mind, as they are quite supportive underfoot, great for wet conditions, and have no velcro - but, sounds like the webbing hurt your feet.

So, are you willing to consider a closed-toe "sandal", like a Keen Newport or Keen Whisper? These have great support and do really well in wet conditions, have no velcro, and fit most feet really well. If you have a very narrow foot, these can feel a little roomy.

A few other styles you might consider:

We hope this gives you a few ideas!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I utilize Rainbows for everyday, zeros for backpacking (they have Velcro, but I plan to stich them closed if they wear out) and a Teva-type for camp showers. So many great options. In short, I love my rainbows.

0 Likes