cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Recycled fabric in patagonia capilene baselayer?

Hi,

My friend suggested trying Capiline Patagonia base layer. I am only interested in it if it has substantial recycled polyester content.  I can't find that information with the garment listed.  Could you tell me how much is in those items.  like the quarter zip top?

Thank-you,

Ivey

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Ivey 

Hi. I would suggest that you contact Patagonia for the recycled content of specific products. It's possible that the percentage may vary not only by product but also by production run depending on supply.

FWIW Recycled Polyester

...we’ve incorporated recycled polyester into our hard shells, boardshorts, fleece and Capilene® baselayers, and overall have very little virgin polyester left in our line. We’re actively working to convert the remaining amount to recycled material.

For the Fall 2021 season, 89% of our polyester fabrics are made with recycled polyester.

...Wanderer

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Hi @Ivey - Thanks for reaching out!

While we aren't sure which specific Capilene Base Layer you are interested in, we are going to share the information we have using the Women's Capilene Thermal Weight Zip-Neck Base Layer Top as an example.

This layer's fabric composition is 92% recycled polyester and 8% spandex. For more information on the materials and impact, you can see the Impact section at the bottom of Patagonia's product page for this top. 

If you are interested in another product, you can see the same type of details as above on Patagonia's website or respond here and we can help get that for you.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.