cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

Join the HOKA x REI Active Artist Painting & Drawing Challenge and Sweepstakes!

REI and HOKA have once again teamed up to welcome artists and adventures of any ability to create art outdoors. If you are new to either art or trails (or both), this challenge is for you! We’re hosting a 5-week virtual challenge with some great prizes.

• Visit the website for the HOKA x REI Active Artist Virtual Challenge and watch the short instructional video on how to draw and paint outdoors. 
  • Then, between May 21 to June 28, upload an image of your artwork by hitting “reply” to the post below.
  • Once you post, you’ll be entered into a Sweepstakes (chosen by random drawing) for a chance to win great prizes from REI and HOKA! The HOKA grand prize is a pair of road or trail running shoes. The REI grand prize is a $100 gift card. Several other prizes will be awarded as well.
  • Keep those creative juices flowing by participating in the Active Artist Photography Challenge! We’re running two challenges concurrently, with two sets of prizes.
  • If you’re local to Seattle or New York City, please join our in-person events!

We hope this inspires you to be creative on your next outdoor adventure. Athletes and artists of all levels are encouraged to participate.

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Image and artwork by @SaraImage and artwork by @Sara

---

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited. Promotion open only to legal residents of 50 United States and D.C. who are at least 18 (or age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older) upon entry. Promotion starts 12:00:01am (EDT) on 5/21/22 and ends at 11:59:5 pm (EDT) on 6/28/22 (the Sweepstakes Period). To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, (i) visit the website for the HOKA x REI Active Artist Virtual Challenge event, (ii) watch the Photography instructional video, (iii) and submit an image of your photo by posting on the HOKA x REI Painting and Drawing Conversations Page. Upon random drawing, one winner will receive a REI grand prize ($100 REI gift card), one winner will receive a HOKA grand prize (one pair of HOKA shoes (ARV $160)), three winners will each receive a REI swag pack (ARV of each $35), and three winners will each receive a HOKA swag pack (ARV of each $35). Odds of winning depend on no. of eligible entries. Limit one entry per person. Promotion subject to Official Rules, so visit the Painting and Drawing Official Rules for full details, restrictions, and rules. Sponsor: Recreational Equipment, Inc., 1700 45th St East, Sumner, WA 98352.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
23 Replies

Thank you so much! Accordion sketchbooks are a lot of fun 🙂 

0 Likes

E860B8AF-5D86-4E83-8A14-8E67C8D953ED.jpeg

Huron-Manistee River Trail

hiked 11 miles with my husband and 3 kids, met some wonderful people and painted this from our campsite.

Kara Cobb Johnson

5/29/2022

*also added a pic of me and my son painting together (:

888E5CD5-6426-4CF7-87E9-2EE2F8039221.jpeg

Working on the realism … 

Flying saucers? Sombreros?Flying saucers? Sombreros?

1EDF22B6-9690-4521-9BF0-99809937EF8E.jpeg

27.jpg

 Drew this while hiking in the vortex of Sedona's beautiful landscape.

This is amazing!!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

That's a cool style you have! So colorful! Inspired by the native art styles?

20220625_210024.jpg

First attempt at outside art (or inside, too) with a distinct sunset. Will try again with my small card, watercolor sticks, and black pen. Thanks for encouraging a new activity. I can only get better!!!

Screenshot_20220625-205834_Gallery.jpg

Great job! What an amazing sunset (IRL and on the page). 

0 Likes

I've been experimenting with a looser approach to my drawings, but my Type-A perfectionist leanings fight it. Practice makes progress!

20220626_141856.jpg