cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Debate! Are you a Sunrise or a Sunset person?

As of the writing of this post if you search 'sunrise' and 'sunset' here in the community the scales tip in favor of 'sunset' by a margin of 32 results to 25. But is that a true representation of the people? Because the question has never been asked directly, let's settle this once and for all (for now, at least):

Which do you prefer: Sunrises or Sunsets?

Bonus points for your best (or favorite) photo that you have taken!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
95 Replies

Always been a sunset person 😄  

0 Likes

Sunset I only get up early to go to work or go hiking. 

0 Likes

I must say I am a bit (or a lot) of both.  I am an early riser so do so enjoy seeing the sunrise over the Cascades which is often a magnificent if not blinding sight.  Then again we are situated to see some awe inspiring sunsets across Puget Sound over to Whidbey.  As an early riser the sunset is a signal my day is winding down to a close as well and I am hopeful I shone half as brightly as the sunset or sunrise I am privileged to witness in my beautiful Pacific Northwest.  Thanks for asking John.

0 Likes

I love sunsets just a point more than sunrises just because I feel like the colors are more intense, of course location is important when it comes to any of them but specially sunsets at the beach. 
I do have to say that sunrises come with a more powerful message, the transition of getting up earlier than the average and the effort of it, going from dark to light and the feeling of a new opportunity ! 
here I share one sunset from California and one of my favorite sunrise ever in Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park! 
love,

Teresa.

44EB0CD8-5D07-40FC-B613-EF98309A04F6.jpeg

A7F208E2-A188-4D56-A71D-6A40A433434F.jpeg

0 Likes

Sunsets produce better colors.

 I love both sunrises and sunsets but since I rarely see a sunrise my vote would be for sunsets. My wife and I retired to Northeastern Italy a few years ago and we are treated to some very nice sunrises and sunsets. The first photo is a sunrise I saw while getting ready to meet a friend to go pick grapes. The second photo is a sunset from our house and the third is a sunset we caught a few years ago while on the island of St.Thomas.

081E4AFD-549F-45A9-89F6-E88D42FC39EA.jpeg

1143E81F-1AE1-48CD-8AB6-7E8A344415B7.jpeg

AF86EE9F-1A2E-4941-98C9-F2B83020A3A3.jpeg

I’m a sun in the morning type of person in general. The blast is best! . But sunsets are nice 

0 Likes

Sunsets are the perfect time to be still, reflect, and be grateful at the end of another day..

7545EDDE-75FC-4EB8-A95B-090D484F33DC.jpeg

I would have to say the sunset is the best because it's the start of the real show, stars.

Backing packing along the Washington Coast.

Ocean Sunset.jpg

2C2121C6-A5E4-44F5-B9ED-D9EF38CEED24.jpeg

Definitely sunrise. Always give a a good feel to a good day to experience a great sunrise. This one is from Wetterhorn looking over to peak Uncompahgre peak in Colorado.