cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Debate! Are you a Sunrise or a Sunset person?

As of the writing of this post if you search 'sunrise' and 'sunset' here in the community the scales tip in favor of 'sunset' by a margin of 32 results to 25. But is that a true representation of the people? Because the question has never been asked directly, let's settle this once and for all (for now, at least):

Which do you prefer: Sunrises or Sunsets?

Bonus points for your best (or favorite) photo that you have taken!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
95 Replies

Sunrises when you're alone. Sunsets when you're with someone you love.

0 Likes
  • Most definitely a sunset person.  I’ve always had night owl tendencies.  The sunsets in Arizona with the lingering twilight just anchored this 
0 Likes

Much the fan of rollicking sleep cycles that allow for either or. and or and and both. Kinda like waking to noon 'O'moon.

But, on a local San Diego level is this supposed to be a convo of aging infrastructure vs. excess Electricity mining?

Also, is that mount Shasta by train? And secluded cove of Santa barb  beach?

Is there an ounce of honesty in the world? And, is also a query of metaphoric, theosophic philosophy and classical inquiry?

0 Likes

I feel the pressure!

Sunrise for me is the beginning of a new day, new possibilities, an unexplored day where new memories is being created. On the other hand, sunset is a time for reflection, what experiences, good or bad, mother nature gifted me that day. Of those two choices, sunrise trough my open tent door while the stove simmer and the smell of coffee fills the tent, is my favorite moment. Or, like in the picture, wake up under the tarp with full view and a new day, my day! Also, wake up before the sun rises, set up the camera ready to capture the sunrise, then to get a bonus, a "Zen moment", when this morning bird for some reason landed and took off from my camera several times.

Visited by a morningbird.Visited by a morningbird.Tarp morning.Tarp morning.

• A beautiful vicarious sharing from you, on today mother's day. 
  • (my birthday within the next two days, also, of which I'm logistically entrapped from escaping suburbian and urban environs, so excess appreciation from me to you).
  • I adore experiences like the one your birdie bestowed!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

0 Likes