cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

Any tips for good items to buy at REI?

What are good items to buy at REI? or what are hidden gems at REI? For example, I think the Benchmade Knives are good to buy there because they are cheaper than some stores, especially if you add the member discounts. Just curious. thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies

I have an REI Radiant 19 sleeping bag that has become my three-season favorite. (I have other bags by Marmot and North Face to choose from.) I don't think they make the Radiant 19 anymore, still, I think the quality of the bag would lead me to consider the REI brand a respectable candidate for future sleeping bags.

I also have a multi-day backpack with the REI brand that seems pretty good. It's the Traverse 60. I seem to gravitate more towards my Osprey packs, but the REI does have some nice features and seems a respectable contender.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Perfect! I actually need a sleeping bag and day pack. I liked the osprey design. Thank u!

0 Likes

I have an REI Quarterdome 1 person tent that is perfect for me and my style of backpacking. The price/weight ratio seems good to me, it's very sturdy, easy to set up, and I've never had anything get wet in it. I've used it on 80F nights and zero F nights, rain, light snow, and some pretty decent wind. It's the regular version, I don't think they have it any more, just the SL version in 1 person capacity. 

I also have an REI Magma 850 hoodie https://www.rei.com/product/157179/rei-co-op-magma-850-down-hoodie-20-mens that is awesome for light weight and warmth. I see it's on sale right now (in size small), and I'd say it's well worth the money at full price, so on sale it's even better!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Cool, thanks! 

0 Likes