cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Any tips for first time backpacker!!!

Hello, Matthew here! I was wondering on some tips you guys can provide me for backpacking in Georgia for next year! I want to figure out what items to buy and get everything situated for next year this year and also how much ideally should i need to save up for all the gear!!!!!

Thank you in advanced!!!

10 Replies

And one more thing:  cost.

How much your gear will cost you depends on several things.  If you decide to go for the ulta lightweight gear, its going to cost lots and remember the lightweight fabrics often don't last as long which means you will be replacing it sooner.  If you decide you can give some in the weight department, you will spend less and the gear will likely be more durable meaning longer time before replacing, assuming you take care of it.  I'm hedging a little on the durability area as there is so much variability between manufacturers.  Remember, if you buy from REI you can take it out and try it and return it if it doesn't work for you and you  have a year in which to make that decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside