Hello!!!

Any suggestions on pants/bottoms in general for hiking for tall curvier girls? I have a 36" inseam, and have bigger thighs and hips, and am struggling to find pants for hiking. Right now just working with bike shorts and leggings. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes

Hi @sarahjvelardo,

Here are a couple of options I would check out:

Prana Halle Long Inseam: The four-way Stretch Zion material is both durable and comfortable, allowing a little bit of give. I have noticed pilling where my thighs rub together, but no ripping, and I wear a couple of pairs of these to work pretty frequently. Prana makes other pants with this material available direct through Prana's website.

REI Co-Op Sahara Convertible Tall: If you want a more classic, functional look, these pants convert to shorts, and are light and breathable. They are 36" inseam in size XL.

On REI.com, you can also sort by inseam to see other options. 

For what it's worth, I now hike exclusively in bike shorts and tights! I just try to make sure they're made of a wicking material, like what is found in running tights, than a thicker, "brushed" material, like what is found often in yoga pants.

Hope this helps! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Even though Iā€™m a size 12/14, I find that hiking pants in general hug my hips and thighs. I have tried several brands from REI. The pilling of some fabrics is annoying. Then other fabrics make too much noise.
I find skorts to be the most comfortable and flattering. You can add leggings if needed for warmth.

My favorites are made by Kuhl and Prana.

0 Likes