Not all women who enjoy the outdoors are tall or 5'6" - in fact, most of us are shorter. Petites are becoming non-existent for people 5'4" and smaller which are also purchased by many in the taller range. So what is up REI? You only have one (1) and let me repeat that, "one petite" top that I can find on your site. What is up with the designers and buyers? Nordstrom just removed their petite section altogether along with shoes for adults who wear size 4. Is the world going mad? There are a lot of us Asian, White, and Latino's out there that are shorter by group than others. Do retailers not want our business? Time to start our own company as 'short' is the the next large group being castrated by large companies.

Hi @Dona - Thank you for reaching out.

We hear your frustrations with not having more women’s tops available in petite sizes and apologize for only having one option in stock right now. One of things we appreciate most about this community is the ability to hear feedback directly from our customers and members. Your feedback has been shared with our Co-op Brands team and our buyers. 

While we are continuing to add more inclusive sizes to our offerings, we know there is additional work to be done. Our recent partnership with Athleta is one we are excited about, as they a leader in petite sized offerings of outdoor and active clothing. If interested, we suggest taking a look at Athleta’s website directly for current availability of petite size tops.

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

As the husband of a woman who wears petite sizes, I echo this sentiment.

It's downright infuriating to try to buy outdoor clothing for her.

0 Likes