1. I'm new to the Conversations forum but a long time Co-Op Member and REI shopper both in store and online since around 1995. I like hiking in the woods, mountain biking single track dirt trails and paved paths, rock climbing, traditional target archery, camping, playing harmonica, guitar, bamboo flute, bodhran and bongo drums, watching Britcoms with my wife, bicycling with my youngest kid, playing Dungeons & Dragons and talking about geeky stuff with my oldest child, reading, writing stories and poems and performing as a pirate poet. Since the pandemic started in 2020 I've been self isolating, working from home,  and seeking out places in nature where I can minimize human contact. Autumn is my favorite season and I can't wait for the hot Summer here in Texas to end. My latest outdoor adventure involved my wife and I renting a waverunner on her birthday. The wind on the lake that morning made for extremely choppy water and we were both hurled off the careening fiberglass beast on two occasions. The first time I had to swim after the adrift watercraft as it rapidly floated away from us, pushed by wind and waves. Trying to climb up on the thing in rough waters while trying to catch my breath after inhaling what seemed like a gallon of lake water and madly swimming who knows how far, was no easy task I'm here to say, even though I was wearing a life jacket. Eventually we both got back on and proceeded to fight the white capped waves once more, my wife gunning the engine throttle and riding as fast as we dared go on the bumpy water. The next time we got dumped off, the waverunner rolled upside down in the water and was resting belly up. We spent a few moments of despair at the thought of trying to push it back to the docks or even worse; calling the boat rental company from my wife's phone, safely sealed (hopefully) in its waterproof pouch, and shelling out the $250 rescue fee. Then I had an epiphany! I remembered that there is a way to flip the waverunner back over which involves handles on the underside of the craft that you grab while propping your foot on the edge of the bottom of the thing and use your weight and momentum to pull it back upright. Amazingly, together we were able to do it and after much scrambling, floundering, and pulling, were back up on the seat and ready to ride again. We were quite proud of ourselves. My wife commented that there's nothing quite like a little adventure on your birthday. I agree wholeheartedly. Also, always wear your life jacket when operating watercraft. The life you save may be your own, or someone you love. Until next time... See you outside! 
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."