@Jagreenaud06 Great question!

While my kids aren't quite so little any more (4 and 7 now), we really enjoy our time out on the water. It is such an awesome way to get outside as a family. I did have one question for you: are you looking for one kayak for the whole family or separate kayaks? If you're looking for a tandem kayak that can fit all three of you, your best bet is the Old Town Dirigo 155 Tandem Kayak. It's stern cockpit is big enough to fit an adult and a kiddo.

If you're looking for a pair of solo kayaks then you've got quite a few good options:

All of these kayak options have large cockpits, which is the most important feature when paddling with a kiddo. It gives them room to sit up front, look around, dip their hands in the water, and still allows you the room to be comfortable and operate the paddle. These boats are also wide and stable, in case your kid gets squirmy. Personally, I have the Pungo 120 and it has been an amazing kayak for us. It is big enough to fit everything we need, tracks really well in the water, and is fun to paddle with or without our 4 year old. I've even managed some easy river trips and overnights in it!

Please let us know if you have other questions, hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.