@cc-hackman You have a really good plan for the first 4 days.  Everything you have there is fantastic.

This is mud season in the ski towns and they are fairly sleepy.  Hiking can be anything from snowpack to mud to dry.  Today I was hiking on a dry trail, and within an hour had a 1/2 of small hail that then melted out to mud. Thunder included.  And as @REI-SarahS said, RMNP will have significant snow and Trail Ridge Road is still closed for the season.  There are other roads closed due to the fire last fall.

I vote for West.  Close to Monte Vista is Penitente Canyon for great mountain biking and hiking.  Then head toward Creede, Lake City, Ouray, Pagosa Springs, Durango, Million Dollar Highway, Silverton, Mesa Verde, Cortez, Telluride, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Grand Mesa, Colorado National Monument - as much as you can fit in.

Top choices from all of that would be Mesa Verde and Million Dollar Highway.

Orvis Hot Springs I love - but if you are uncomfortable with clothing optional it's best to stay in Pagosa Springs or Ouray.

However...be aware of the major roadwork on Hwy 50 between Gunnison and Montrose. Completely closed most of the time.

@REI-SarahS  - I have a friend who grew up in Del Norte, and around others he uses Del Nort, but with family it's Nor-te.😀  And Three Barrels is great!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.