This might not be the most appropriate forum to ask.  I ask nevertheless.

Would like to relocate from the Midwest to one of the drier and sunnier climates of the western US.  Finances are THE major consideration.  Can't afford, and wouldn't want to live in, the pricer and glitzier fashion or tourist centers such as eastern Colorado, movie star Montana, Durango, Reno, Sheridan, etc.

Much of Arizona would be too hot for me and all of it would be too expensive.  I like winter but probably wouldn't survive long periods of 20 below.

Don't need big box stores, entertainment and all the hoopla that goes with that life.  I backpack, hike, hunt, fish and paddle flatwater if its available..  Giving up the paddling, I could be happy in the high desert of Nevada, but even that is getting expensive.

A good fitness center would be a plus.  Like everyone else in my situation, I'd like to avoid crime and drugs.  I'm not a hermit and prefer a dab of civilization.

Only possibility that I see at the moment might be Grand Junction, Colorado.  However, I'm open to locations in Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana.  I'm retired and living on a fixed income, so S . T . R . E . T . C . H is the wallet theme.   

Look forward to your input.  Thanks.

0 Likes