Keep it Local. Explore the green spaces closest to you.

Keep it Clean. Carry in, carry out. Respect public lands and waters as well as Native and local communities.

Being a DIY Steward is that simple! Visit the Keep it Local, Keep it Clean homepage for more info. 

For extra motivation:

• Sign up for a free DIY Cleanup Kit available for pickup at our MA, RI, and NH stores (while supplies last).
  • Share a photo of your DIY Stewardship in action here!
  • Missed out on a Cleanup Kit? That’s OK, follow the #RecreateResponsibly guidelines on your next outdoor adventure and share your photo here!

Keep It Local Keep It Clean + RR.jpg

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

7B1C6E44-FAA5-4069-A676-E74D8ECA89E2.jpeg

@REI-MaxG  Rumney Marshes, filled two bags, barely made a dent.

74FCAF8A-FEDD-4014-A802-8341846652DC.jpeg

A3DC6EC2-F7F4-4FAB-9A6E-90FC295207D8.jpeg

@REI-MaxG 

On Saturday 11/28 I hiked in Middlesex Fells and followed the reservoir trail mostly. I collected half a black trash bag with of garbage and it was disheartening to see the amount of used dog poop bags along the trail. 
On a more positive note, about a month ago I hiked trails in the fells from Greenwood Park and didn’t see ANY trash along the trails! 
#recreateresponsibly

@KS719 - Thank you so much for taking the time to make Middlesex Falls cleaner for those who hike after you! It is also great to hear that Greenwood Park was so clean the last time you went.

We love hearing these updates and seeing photos. Thanks for sharing with us!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.