Thanks, I am well aware of the one-year warrant by now, which is precisely the problem. A one year warranty on most items is just not enough, and so things will end up in a dump, just exacerbating our refuse problem on earth. If the products were made to last longer, with more investment, then they could justify a higher price. But there's something seriously wrong when you spend $120 and get a little more than one year out of it before it fails. This is the kind of thing – like fast fashion -- that is just adding to our consumer problem. As I mentioned in my customer service exchange, Patagonia works hard at eliminating this problem and aims for durability. Not to mention returns, and a repair service("If your item isn't working for you, send it in for a return or repair, hassle free, anytime." REI could do better. I'm sorry to say that (after 15 yrs) I will probably no longer shop at REI because of these serious shortcomings, and will become and evangelist for others to do the same.

This pad has failed both times at the valve and cannot be repaired without the right tools and time.

0 Likes