I had these several years ago. Very painful! I've done the following to address mine:
- Minimize running on concrete/asphalt.
- Make an effort to run on dirt, grass, gravel, etc (natural ground) - trail running
- Replace shoes often - especially when running on concrete/asphalt (yes, every sport is expensive...this is how running gets expensive...lol)
- When ground is wet, I'll run on a track at a high school or middle school. These are rubberized/squishy.
- Mix it up - biking, swimming, yoga, weights, BeachBody videos (workout in my living room)
- I've fixed my food intake so that I've lost weight. Less weight = less pressure/force/stress on my joints and bones
07-02-2019 05:30 AM