This widget could not be displayed.
@REI-EricP First off: Congrats! This is wonderful news!
Here are my top five items for outdoor adventure with a little one:
- Osprey Poco Child Carrier. Super comfortable, has lots of storage (and a removable daypack), and, next to an REI Co-op Camp Roll Table, you can set it on the ground with the kiddo in it and it doubles as a high chair.
- Hydroflask Wide-Mouth Vacuum Water Bottle. Here's the parenting hack for this awesome water bottle: Prime the Hydroflask with hot water from the tap for 10 minutes or so, empty and refill with hot water from the tap, place pre-made bottle of formula or milk inside the Hydroflask with the hot water. It'll keep the baby bottle warm for hours! You will need a baby bottle that will fit inside the wide mouth Hydroflask, but those aren't too hard to find. This trick saved me so many times when we were out and about and my kids were still bottle feeding!
- Stasher Reuseable Silicone Half Gallon Bag. Admittedly we didn't have these when my kids were really little so we used ziploc bags, but these are a great and sustainable way to seal up diapers, wipes, and any other stuff you want to separate from the rest of your gear in your backpack or diaper bag. Just empty it out in the trash at the trailhead and wash it when you get home and you'll be ready for the next adventure!
- REI Co-op Outward Shade Shelter. There is so much outside to occupy your little one; grass, sticks, rocks, leaves, clouds, etc. Something like this will give them the time to explore by helping mitigate sun exposure. We loved our REI Co-op Screen House Shelter for the same reason except for mosquito protection in Alaska.
- Eno Double Nest Hammock. There is nothing better than rocking your little one to sleep for a nap in a hammock!
This list could be 100 items long and not get to all the great gear available to help you adventure with your kiddo but it's a good start. I'm so happy for you and can't wait for your parenting adventure to begin!