Hi,

I'm Debbie and live in Baltimore County, Maryland. 

As someone a little older, I have had to lighten up on some activities due.  The mind wants to workout as if I am 30, but the body says otherwise. lol   Looking forward to some beach activities and kayaking this summer.

Tried to sign up for some REI classes and everything was filled - imagine that after so many restrictions during the pandemic. 

Have a wonderful day!

Hi @Dbates - Welcome to the community and Happy Father's Day!

It's great to hear you have some activities in mind that will work for you, even if your body is trying to tell you otherwise! Spending time on the beach and kayaking sounds incredible, especially as a way to beat the summer heat.

We're sorry to hear you weren't able to get a spot in the REI classes currently being offered, though we do suggest to keep checking for availability in future classes! Those are a great way to learn new skills or find new ways to do activities that you are already familiar with.

This community is a great place to connect with others who are also passionate about the outdoors. We hope you take some time to look around our different boards and groups to see what interests you, share your own stories and expertise, and ask any questions you have.

We're happy to have you here. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Welcome to the community @Dbates !  It's always nice to see a "neighbor" on here.  I'm right next door in Harford County!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes