Hi all! I'm a literature professor in Seattle, where I've lived for seven wonderful years! I'm always looking for new places to hike and backpack (my favorites are in Mountain Loop Highway and the Olympic Peninsula!) and to take out my brand new paddleboard! So far I've paddleboarded around Green Lake (where I live) and Lake Washington. I'm from Spokane originally and still have family there, so I enjoy finding new hikes that way as well! 

Hi Sara,  Welcome!  I'm new too.  I live in Oregon, west of Portland.  I've been online searching for great hikes & kayaking in the Olympia pennisula lately.  Can you recommend any trails?   I could probably do moderate or easy for now.  (More work than life recently 😞 )

0 Likes

Hi @sarahfaulkner08 - Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing such an excellent introduction!

It's great to hear you enjoy backpacking and hiking so much and are now getting into the fun of paddleboarding! You are certainly in a great spot for all of those things.

We hope some other Seattle area folks will weigh in and share their suggestions. @BuddyWaters@douglasgolden@Artemesia@ResQBrett@Danladams@shagura@jbomforman - do y'all have any recommendations for day hikes, backpacking routes, or paddleboarding lakes around the Seattle area to share?

--

This community is a great spot to ask questions, share stories, and connect with others passionate about the outdoors. We suggest taking a look at the watersports, hiking, backpacking and Seattle boards to see if there are any conversations that might be fun to join in on.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're excited you're here and look forward to hearing from you more!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.