@MissTina What an outstanding trip!

My wife worked at the Grand Canyon for a summer and her stories of that place have put it at the top of my bucket list, you're in for a special treat!

In terms of recommendations for boots, I would say that your best bet would be to set up a virtual outfitting session with one of our footwear experts. They can not only talk you through boot options but, most importantly, also get as much information about your feet as possible to make the best choice for you. It is a free service we are offering and you can sign up with our Outfitting Scheduler. We are getting a lot of great feedback from our customers and outfitters alike!

I would also recommend checking out a couple of these other crampons that are designed specifically for hiking:

They may be able to save you a little bit of weight and space in your pack while you're not wearing them.

I'm also going to tag a couple of our other members of the community who have experience hiking in the grand canyon. @Philreedshikes@hikermor@OldGuyot, any advice you can share?

Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.