Once we put Covid-19 and all of its variants in our rear view mirror, of all the hikes you have experienced in the past, which one would you want to revisit, to “reboot” your mind and body?

My personal favorite is the Na Pali Coast (Kalalau) Trail in Kauai. 

The rest of the island is a bonus experience. 

05000DAF-D73D-4017-9CCD-2D31F12F9C38.jpeg

Hands down, Skyline Trail at Rainier.  Scrambled down to the Nisqually Glacier -first time on a glacier.  Awesome hike; different eco zones every 20 min.  Also cool traversing across a neat steep snowfield.  

Close runner-up.  Sidewinder Canyon in Death Valley.  The first major slot side  canyon was one of the three hikes featured in the Movie "Find Me."

Lower and upper falls Yosemite.  Very fun terrain and well kept trail with lots of great views.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Forbes route on Baboquivari Peak (S. Arizona), Thomas Canyon approach.  Just a bit of lower fifth class to keep things interesting....

A weeklong backpacking trip in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks almost forty-three years ago. The no-see-ums were ferocious but it did not rain all week. The trip included climbing up and over Mount Marcy with full packs as well as summiting Upper and Lower Wolfjaw without packs. Oh, to be young again!

aka "Boonerelli"

man...so many...Grand Canyon?

just 're-booted' in the Bridger Wilderness (again. lol).

https://youtu.be/YoFDXwLFKF8

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

@Philreedshikes Nice video! I'm planning a trip to the area, and was able to follow along on the map.

One question on your Milky Way photos... Those were long exposure images, right?

0 Likes

Hi @DaveBaldwin , thanks....the images were about 13seconds, F4.0, 20mm, iso 3200, mini tripod, post in lightroom and photoshop elements

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

Surprisingly, I would have to say my section hike on the Appalachian Trail this past March. I had already done the Georgia section so it wasn't new terrain for me. The temps were bitter cold and so windy. So why do I choose this one? I met the absolute most amazing people on that trip. I don't think I have ever laughed so much in my life as I did during that single week. I'd love to relive those moments.

IMG_2222.jpg