New pair of x ultra 04, laces keep coming loose, especially the right. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

What would you do if you knew you could not fail.
0 Likes

I think I have had to replace all my round laces with flat cotton laces. As tight as I tie them, round laces seem to eventually come lose and untied. Flat cotton laces seem to hold the knot/bow almost all day.

aka "Boonerelli"

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

These are the pull tight laces that came with the shoes. They are not self tie. The right shoe is worse by far than the left. Just seems odd for the generally good quality of shoe.

0 Likes

I have not had issues with Salomon quick pull laces and I have been using them for years, but I would contact the manufacturer if they are doing this.  If they don't make it right, at least REI will take them back.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwqQvKtmefE

Used with workboots for years

Tired of your laces coming undone? Problem solved!Enjoyed the video? Click that Subscribe button to see more from me.Thanks for watching! Before you leave, ...
0 Likes

Thanks for the info, I think I will see if they get any better before I need to return them, they are very nice shoes.

0 Likes

You can always exchange them for a pair of the same.  Maybe a different pair wouldn't have the same issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
0 Likes

I prefer the round laces in boots over the flat ones.  I just always double knot them.  They never come undone then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
0 Likes

Just saw a video about Salomon laces, will check it out and see if it works!

0 Likes

well, seems that it is better to not be in such a hurry and think one knows... . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNZhZRKutpw  taught me how to use these laces, and it seems to work very well! Thanks for the responses, got to go, gotta throw!

In this video we show you how to use Salomon's Quicklace System. This lacing system enables fast and easy tying of the laces while ensuring they never untie ...
0 Likes