I guess the biggest goal that I've achieved lately is that I am actually getting outside and being active.

Last Summer, at the tender age of 50, I found myself pushing 300 pounds. I never actually hit it but I was close enough that rounding up to 300 wouldn't have been a stretch.

Between eating properly and a helluva lot of walking I have, as of this morning, lost 80 pounds. I've been focusing on living a healthier lifestyle and hiking and walking have played a critical and crucial role in that. I'm planning my first backpacking trip in over 30 years for next Summer (Pennsylvania's Loyalsock Trail). 

This Summer, I went kayaking for the first time. I've gone on extended day hikes. I've replaced old hiking gear with new gear because I am using and needing it. My wife and I are doing car camping when our kids spend a weekend with their grandparents (and tent camping with the kids).

And, of course, I became a member of REI because they'll be seeing more and more of my money as time goes on.  🙂

My next outdoor goal? Getting a permit for the JMT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.