@Philreedshikes @hikermor @Dad_Aint_Hip @bryndsharp @TomIrvine @Wanderer 

You all have inspired me to unpack a bunch of my books and post them here. One of my favorites is 'Climbs On Alpine Peaks' by Abate Achille Ratti who became Pope Pius XI in 1922. He climbed Monte Rosa, Mont Blanc, and the Matterhorn. Enjoy!

The year after the American Ascent of Everest.The year after the American Ascent of Everest.First edition of 'Becky's Bible'.First edition of 'Becky's Bible'.VintageBooks4.jpgVintageBooks5.jpgVintageBooks6.jpgHas anyone else never heard of J.E.B. Wright?Has anyone else never heard of J.E.B. Wright?This one is one of my favorites! A Mountaineer Pope!This one is one of my favorites! A Mountaineer Pope!VintageBooks9.jpgVintageBooks10.jpgSeptember 1963 Life Magazine.September 1963 Life Magazine.VintageBooks12.jpgJim Whittaker on the summit of Everest. He was REI's first store manager and I've actually held the ice axe in this photo before!Jim Whittaker on the summit of Everest. He was REI's first store manager and I've actually held the ice axe in this photo before!As a reference Barbara Streisand 'hit the top' in 1963.As a reference Barbara Streisand 'hit the top' in 1963.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.