@RPLI have to tell you, and I've commented on this before, trying to select a down jacket/coat for a certain temp you have in mind is very very hard.

For example, I filtered on REI down jackets (mountaineering and snowsports) and got both a heavy duty and a very lightweight jacket model. Someone's going to say, well in those sports you're sweating and don't need so much down, so that's not exactly correct, because when you're just walking around and it's zero you need a good down coat.  Or climbing on Everest, but I digress.

One option is taking it back and looking for something warmer.  I don't know what temps you have in mind.

I googled 'warmest down jackets' and got the results I was expecting.

That said, the model you bought is not bad, and IF you didn't buy it tight fitting, I highly recommend LAYERING under it!

A nice thick sweater, a scarf and a great warm hat and gloves would make that coat work wonders between zero and freezing.

In super cold temps it's not just the coat, it's the system.

When I hike in the winter, the hiking is easy and warmest, the hard part is at camp, when you're just standing around trying not to freeze.

But here's the deal, I don't even take a huge overcoat.

My layers are, thick winter thermal long underwear, really thick NF Denali sweater/jacket (discontinued), a MontBell down jacket (they change models every couple of years), and a waterproof shell to protect the down from wind and rain.  Also good hat/gloves.

And I always buy my clothes with LAYERING in mind (my wife hates this because you have to buy larger sizes and she says I look goofy, buy she's not trying to layer out in the snow, lol)

good luck

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes