@Jenlove Thanks for sharing a photo of Remy!

Remy is a very handsome gentleman indeed. He also has the honor of being the first horse photo in our community. Tell him congratulations from us!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

@Jenlove I found a 30-day "yoga challenge" on YouTube where each session is ~10 minutes and includes a daily affirmation. It's definitely worked for me!

0 Likes

Hi JenK! Do you have that link? That sounds perfect:) love the daily affirmation aspect too. We totally need that these days more than ever. 

0 Likes

@Jenlove here's the daily yoga challenge I've been doing (although I know there are other great ones out there that others have mentioned as well)!

0 Likes

With less time for commuting I have more time to take my dog for a run in the morning, as well as to the mailbox (.75 mi) every afternoon with I need a break. Plus, with my reduction in hours, I've been working hard on putting in a garden which means 2+ hours a day of shoveling, building, moving, etc. 

0 Likes

@ununderstood that's a good distance to/from your mailbox! Thanks for sharing what you're up to - I know I certainly appreciate hearing the modifications others are making as ways to inspire change in my own daily routines!

0 Likes

My wife and I eat lunch on our patio (weather permitting), which is a nice way to get some fresh air. I also try to go for runs in the morning on alternating days and walks on the others to just get outside.

As far as keeping fitness in my routine, I like to "pay the gatekeeper." Anytime I enter or leave the room I'm in I do some fixed amount of an exercise and I change the exercise each day. Maybe it's 10 pushups one day and 5 pullups the next. It is a nice way to sprinkle in motion during the day!

@adulaney That's fun! A fitness trainer friend of mine posted a 'jailhouse' workout where you run from one corner of the room to the next, doing squats at each one, starting with 25 squats-- run to the next corner-- 24 squats... It's a good way to get your heart rate up (and quickly observe all the dusting/vacuuming you need to do at some point). 

@adulaney love the idea of doing a different exercise every time you leave a room! I was inspired by something similar - an exercise "chart" where each letter of the alphabet corresponds to a different exercise (push-ups, squats, lunges, etc.) and each day you randomly pick a new word...we're all getting creative!