Hey there! After an injury, you should definitely talk to a sports doctor specializing in orthopedics & hand injuries. The discomfort after an accident can be related to injury itself and may require additional treatments, PT .... you name it. Or it can be as simple as professional bike fitting and tiny tweaks on your position on the bike can make a huge difference. 

Happy and safe cycling!