Hi.  I purchased 2 City Co-op hybrid bikes this past year, and I cannot find any kickstands or panier racks to fit them.  I've tried 2 labeled "universal" - one set from your site, another from Amazon.  Can you please suggest models that fit/where to buy them?  It's been awfully frustrating.  Can't say I'm all that happy with the bikes given this weird problem and how heavy they are.

0 Likes

Hi @lo21 - Thanks for reaching out, though we're sorry to hear you are having trouble finding panniers and kickstands that work with your bikes. Which models of the Co-op hybrid bikes do you have? 

Kickstands often require adjusting during installation. If you have a local REI, we recommend taking your bikes into the shop to see if the universal sets you purchased can be adjusted or cut to work with your bikes. If there is not an REI near you, many local bike shops will be able to do this service as well.

We have reached out to some of our cycling experts to find out about pannier compatibility and will circle back here when we have suggestions for you.

Thank you for bringing these questions to the community. Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@lo21 

Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated about the process of getting your bike dialed in. Without knowing the specific model of Co-op Cycles CTY bike that you have it's challenging to make a specific recommendation. Your best bet is to connect with your local REI bike tech for help with a kickstand and a bike rack.

That being said, we have some suggestions that may work for you, depending on the model:

A bike rack like the Topeak Explorer MTX Tubular Rack with Disc Mounts could be a good option that works with your bike's disc brakes. One thing to bear in mind is that in order to make the rack level, there are a pair of adjustable 'arms' that attach to the braze ons on the frame of your bike. Those arms may need to be arc-ed in order to fit your bike, particularly if you have a step thru bike with a low frame. Please take a look at the photo below for reference.

A kick stand like the Portland Design Works Power Stance Kickstand might work for your bike. It is important to remember that often times manufacturers will adjust the specifications of their kickstands (i.e. the angle of their stands or the kind of mounting hardware) and that can mean they are no longer compatible with a bike. While we do our best to make the correct adaptations in the designs of our bikes, it is sometimes hard to get a match. This is where it can be helpful to get input from your bike shop as sometimes all it takes is a different bolt to make it work.

Here is a photo one of our customers posted in their review of the bike that shows the 'arms' of the bike rack. Unfortunately, we are unable to tell which kind of kickstand this is, however, it is a 'rear mounting' style.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 10.48.18 AM.png

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

The MTX explorer rack with the disc mounts fits my XS CTY 1.1 step-through, but I had to get the extension arms. They cost around $10 on Amazon. I've read that the greenfield kickstand works with this bike but that it has to be cut down.