Reviving this thread for a little update, I just finished going tubeless, not to mention lots of other upgrades/customizations like a dropper.

I ended up going with Orange Seal Subzero for the tubeless sealant, we'll see how it holds up, but so far the tires are holding well. The Mulefüt rims have a really tight bead seat, kind of a pain in the butt to get the tire on and off, but it's a good thing once it is on there. Air and sealant start to leak out around 15 psi, but I doubt I'll ever be riding that pumped up anyways; 10 psi and under they're seeming all good. I also put some reflective conspicuity tape on the inside of the rim strip, both for the white accent in daytime, but a little extra visibility for night as well (compare some of the first pictures to the last couple). It's all the little things that add up to really make it feel like my bike.

Also some praise for Salsa here: the frame actually has sleeves molded in as part of the frame design, so internally routing the dropper cable and swapping the shift housing was an absolute breeze, just push it through no special tools/magnets/fishing wires.

Slick pedals and bottle cageSlick pedals and bottle cageNew Ergon oil slick grips, PNW dropper, and color pop on the cablesNew Ergon oil slick grips, PNW dropper, and color pop on the cablesOut on the trailsOut on the trailsWheels after tubeless, holding well even before sealant addedWheels after tubeless, holding well even before sealant addedNukeproof slick valves and conspicuity tapingNukeproof slick valves and conspicuity tapingNukeproof Sam Hill saddle on the wayNukeproof Sam Hill saddle on the way

It has been a blast riding it around so far, just needs the snow now...

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.