I ended up with Crankbrothers Highline Dropper. And I’m on an XL frame. 

0 Likes

@RH990 - Thank you for letting me know.  I checked those out and bc I'm on a M frame and I got shorter legs it was a tad long for me.  I ended up going with the KS Rage-i 125mm dropper.  It has one of the shortest overall lengths.  I ended up drilling the black caps like you did (nice challenge drilling at an angle on the bike so the wires can sit as flat as possible.)  Almost finished with the install and can't wait to  try it out.

Oh yes, it was a challenge drilling πŸ˜‚ I may have to check that one out, my girlfriend is looking for a dropper.  

0 Likes

@Swiftler - How did you fish the cable through without removing the black caps you drilled.  Is the post a 30.9?  Thanks.

0 Likes

@Swiftler - I'm having trouble removing the black cable frame inserts and fishing the line through.  Thoughts to get my fingers in there?

0 Likes

In response to your first post, I removed the black plug from the seat post and drilled that off of the bike, but the other two I drilled on the bike at about a 45Β° angle after stamping a Divet into them. They come off using an Allen key. I want to say it was a 4 mm. Once you get them off you will see a larger opening to fish the cables through. I put the cable in through the bottom bracket hole and pulled it out Through the whole near the head post. I had to use a small screwdriver (flat head) to catch it and kind of pry it out of the hole. It definitely took some time and a lot of patience. I had the bike upside down and on the ground through most of this process. Hope this helps and if you need  anything else, let me know. 

0 Likes

Edit: it’s a 2.5 mm allen

0 Likes

Thank you so much!  Everything is installed and working great.