My daydream is a re-start at Onion Valley, JMT north bound.  Would like to fly into Reno, with a one way ticket, take the bus to Independence, shuttle to the trailhead, and taking as much time as I can (based upon how many days I'm willing to carry, ha!), then bus back to Reno, buy a ticket and return to the Right Coast. It seems I've gotten older every year, lost a step, or two or three, and it takes me longer to acclimatize.  Don't really feel like trying again by myself, prefer conversation.  My hiking buds want to go out to Jasper NP and do the North Boundary Trail (11days), -but- pretty much a tree tunnel, maybe not as bad as the AT tunnel here in VA.  We'll see.

I switched to a 30f quilt about 4yrs ago, and a zero quilt 2 years ago, I spin like a top when I sleep and a quilt is sooooo much easier to turn in.  No more waking up to turn inside the bag trying to keep the down on top.

I took my 20f bag on the JMT 4yrs ago, and just roasted in it (around beginning of Aug), except during the colder mornings, so I switched to the 30f quilt and was very comfortable, until the mornings, when I had to put on a hat/sweater to keep from freezing.

My 3yrs old zpacks duplex is now leaking bad, hoping I fixed it with a spray silicon from Walmart, works ok...in the backyard, but I love the room and weight, and won't part with it just yet.

https://youtu.be/Ye5ZNFPV_5A (my review)

DSC02748.JPG

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
AFTER 3 SUMMERS, TENT LEAKS LIKE A SIEVE, HOWEVER, PER ZPACKS, AT 3 YRS, MATERIAL IS EXPECTED TO FAIL. JUST FYI.