Here's another one I am working on but I am pretty happy with as-is:

Pad Thai Quinoa

(note - obviously rice noodles are the authentic choice but besides offering calories, rice noodles offer no real nutritional value. Quinoa has roughly the same calorie count but offers additional nutrients - helpful for those of us in the second half of our lives and who need to pay attention to such things)

Prep Work:

• Cook ½ cup of dry Quinoa per instructions (I use very little salt at this stage)
  • Spread into a thin but even layer in a food dehydrator and dehydrate for 8-10 hours
  • Put into a Ziploc bag or other container with a silica gel pack (desiccant pack) until ready to use

Ingredients:

• ½ cup dehydrated quinoa (see above)
  • 1 Tbsp Peanut butter
  • 2 Tsp Sriracha
  • 1 ounce carrots, slivered
  • Dried green onion
  • 1 oz chopped raw peanuts
  • Half fresh lime
  • Pinch of red pepper flakes

Directions:

1. Add 1 cup and 2 Tbsp of water to pot
  2. Bring to boil and add quinoa and veggies
  3. Rehydrate for 7½ minutes (approx.)
  4. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice, peanut butter, peanuts, and sriracha.
  5. Add red pepper flakes and let sit for 2 minutes

Notes:

• Depending on how well you dehydrated the Quinoa, you may need/want to adjust the amount of water by a tablespoon or so. Basically, you need about 2 tsp of water available in the pot after rehydrating the Quinoa and vegetables. This little bit of extra water thins out the peanut butter and Sriracha to make the sauce. 
  • The ratio of peanut butter to Sriracha is based on my preference. YMMV
  • Yes, this is not an authentic Pad Thai recipe but the flavor is remarkably close
  • As prepared, this recipe is one serving with 625 calories
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.