I'll confess to being a Jetboil lover for efficiency.  They use less fuel and work quicker and it's worth a little more weight to me since I eat a lot.  When it's really cold, a liquid stove can be better in that they heat up the space around you pretty efficiently as well though...

As far as cooking, I stick to boiling water if I can.  Most trips I'll take a premade meal or two that I've gotten on sale and then I save the bag to cook other meals in.  I can mix my own meals using quick cooking grains/ pasta and add to those and do a boil/ soak in them like you would a mountain house.  I also eat hot meals for breakfast and lunch when it's cold.  Breakfast porridge is quick and easy to make yourself.  I also add milk powder and dehydrated potatoes to anything that ends up too watery and for extra calories when I need them.  Though expensive, Sherpa brand tsampa is the best for high calorie breakfast to start the day and is quick to make.  Pudding is great for adding calories via dessert.  I'll just add milk powder (or coconut milk powder!) to a boxed pudding mix.  You can do the same thing to other dessert powders as well, but often they have too much sugar for me.