867D4C26-8D77-4D3F-B577-2E91EDE8CDDD.jpeg

My first backpack was a North Face internal Frame Backpack of which I used for a year, gave it away and purchased a JanSport D3 External Frame Backpack.

After 37 years, I still have and use my JanSport D3 on backpacking trips.

The features I found beneficial:

Sturdy construction.

Comfortable weight distribution.

Front loading.

7 zippered compartments.

Ample external lash tabs.

Free standing.

Lifetime warranty.

The JanSport D3 has done the job, and then some, on all of my 4 season backpacking adventures. 

Osprey Exos 58. Just the right amount of pockets, removable top lid, large undivided storage, fairly light, very comfortable.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

@SILHiker Hey! I was going to say that! Well done. I’ve been quite pleased with my exos 58 for about 5-6 years, light weight and comfortable, up to above 40lbs.

also takes a bv500, horizontally at the top inside 

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

Yeah, I recently acquired a BV500 too. The last thing I want to do at the end of the day is try my luck at rope toss.

Both my Gregory packs although if I had to choose, I’d say my day pack, the

F5059E93-897F-4C8B-89A0-34BF3294F48E.jpeg

Zulu 30 as I have more experience with it and it was actually a replacement for a different one. 

I have a 21.5” torso and my old day pack that I had for years maxed out at 19”. I bought the Zulu because I wanted a better-constructed pack and one that would properly fit. It’s incredibly comfortable and really well made. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

My Superior Wilderness Designs 40L Long Haul. I've tried a quite a few packs over the years and none stuck. This one has been perfect. It feels like it was built for my body. Love all the customizations I was able to make on it. The pockets have tons of room, compacts down small if I don't have it loaded up. The waterproof material.

img.jpeg

Just everything. There isn't a single thing I don't like about it.

Nice umbrella also!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes