I would like to help out a new backpacker or someone who is interested but just isn't sure about spending money on a tent. I have an Alps Mountaineering Lynx 1 tent that I no longer use. There's nothing wrong with it, I bought a lighter tent and now this one is just sitting around. I would be happy to send it to someone for shipping costs. Or if you live near me, you could pick it up, or, better yet, go on a weekend hike with me and try it out. I also have a few other items that I could send with it, namely a Coleman Max canister stove, an Osprey Hydraulics LT 2.5 liter water bladder, and an MSR Mugmate coffee filter. Here's a link to the tent specs Lynx 1 .  There is one extra pole for the tent, and probably a few extra stakes. Also a homemade tyvek footprint.  Just send me a message rather than add a post. I'll delete this posting when it's spoken for. To be clear, you can meet me somewhere in southern IL, or pay for shipping. No cost for the tent or other items.

IMG_1462.jpgIMG_1463.jpgIMG_1464.jpgIMG_1466.jpgIMG_1467.jpgIMG_1459.jpgIMG_1460.jpg

IIMG_1461.jpg

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.