I would like to help out a new backpacker or someone who is interested but just isn't sure about spending money on a tent. I have an Alps Mountaineering Lynx 1 tent that I no longer use. There's nothing wrong with it, I bought a lighter tent and now this one is just sitting around. I would be happy to send it to someone for shipping costs. Or if you live near me, you could pick it up, or, better yet, go on a weekend hike with me and try it out. I also have a few other items that I could send with it, namely a Coleman Max canister stove, an Osprey Hydraulics LT 2.5 liter water bladder, and an MSR Mugmate coffee filter. Here's a link to the tent specs Lynx 1 .  There is one extra pole for the tent, and probably a few extra stakes. Also a homemade tyvek footprint.  Just send me a message rather than add a post. I'll delete this posting when it's spoken for. To be clear, you can meet me somewhere in southern IL, or pay for shipping. No cost for the tent or other items.

IMG_1462.jpgIMG_1463.jpgIMG_1464.jpgIMG_1466.jpgIMG_1467.jpgIMG_1459.jpgIMG_1460.jpg

IIMG_1461.jpg

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Hopefully the pictures came through. I can never see pictures in posts (???) so I don't know if they made it. I believe as a Superuser they no longer need to be reviewed, sooooo........

0 Likes

The pictures are fine.

Not a bad little tent if you're only going to be going a little ways from the car, or if a canoe will be carrying your load.

0 Likes

I carried it hundreds of miles. And I'm no spring chicken. Yeah, it's a little heavy, that's why I bought a new one. 

0 Likes

How generous! I would be interested in the tent (paying shipping) if no one else takes you Up on the offer πŸ™‚ Times are tough and backpacking equipment is expensive, especially when you’re still wetting ur feet like me 

0 Likes

good deal...what new tent did you get?

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes

I've had a quarterdome 1  for a couple of years. I love it. I kept the lynx for a while in case I met up with someone who wanted to go with me but didn't have a tent.

0 Likes

OK, well I was going to delete the post when it was gone, but I can't find a way, only mute. So I'll mute the post, because it is taken. 

0 Likes

Hi,

I am going to Iceland and could not find a rental campervan so I am contemplating bringing a tent so I can camp.  If you can generously give me your tent (I can pay for shipping and also a price for the tent if you wish) that would really help me out.  Thank you.   How should I pay you?  I am in San Francisco.

0 Likes

Hi @SILHiker - Thanks so much for making this offer to the community! It definitely has us feeling good!

At your request, we are going to turn off further comments for this post since the tent has been given away already. Thanks again!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.