I'm looking for a low to mid fairly light weight hiking shoe with good arch support and especially a roomy toe box. Can't be wide in the mid foot or heel though. I'm dealing with a mortons neuroma and would like to wear these with correct toes.

0 Likes

Hi @surfinsafari Thanks for reaching out. 

Finding the right shoe can be difficult, however they're two brands I would suggest looking into that offer a wide toe box. First is the Keen Targhee, which is a day hiking boot which has a generous amount of toe room. It also has a strap in the heal which you can tension to help narrow the heal up to prevent any unnecessary slippage.  The second shoe is the Altra Lone Peak Mid, this boot tends to be lighter and less supportive compared to the Targhee. However, it has slightly more toe box room than the Targhee. Both these shoes lack arch support, so I would suggest pairing these shoes with an orthotic such as Superfeet. We have many different orthotic options in the store and it is worth making a trip in to find an insert that best fits your arch contour. 

Note that the Keen Targhee comes in wide options, despite it already being wide. If you find that the regular width is to narrow there is a wide option as well.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes

Completely agree with early comments.  Recommend you stop by a local REI and do a fitting.  They usually have the shoes recommended.  Good luck. 

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes